Monday, April 22, 2013
Happy National Library Week: 2013!!!! Nearly 70 students entered the reading celebration contest in order to win a gaggle of goodies!!! It was a fun week with several happy winners!!
Posted by Shenandoah at 6:37 AM
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Our first winners for the "Cozy Up to a Good Book" reading celebration picked up their free gourmet hot cocoa and their coupons for a free package of cookies from Mrs. Hiserman. We will be picking two winner each week until Winter Break 2012. In addition to this, we are giving out two prize packages of Red Skin memorabilia each week until Winter Break. Our first two excited winners picked up their gifts this week. Reading...what could be more fun?!
Posted by Shenandoah at 6:13 AM
Thursday, November 8, 2012
It's that time of year: shorter days and colder weather. It is time for sweaters and hot cocoa, cookies and a good book! Once again, the library is offering a cold weather reading celebration for all of our winning readers. Stop by the library and check out a great book and take part in the reading celebration. You could win a cup of nice hot cocoa with your choice of gourmet toppings and a package Mrs. Hiserman's famous cookies. Stop by today and find out how you can "cozy up to a good book"!
Posted by Shenandoah at 8:17 AM
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
October 23, 2012: Strasburg High School Zombie Luncheon!
Over 160 students entered the drawing to win an invitation to the Teen Read Week Zombie Luncheon. Thirty five students were randomly selected to receive invitations.
Needless to say, a great deal of reading was going on! The luncheon was fun and definitely a unique reading celebration!
The Rot and Ruin series by Jonathan Maberry: our inspiration for the event!
Martha: Zombie Librarian...could not have not it without your support and enthusiasm for all things zombie!!
Mrs. Rusher: Zombie Assistant Principal extraordinaire: thank you for your assistance serving Rot and Ruin Worm Sandwiches: well done!
Thanks to everyone in our school and their support for READING!
A quick review so we can repeat this next year!
- · Food: 50 beef hot dogs cut into “worms”: right amount
- · Barbecue Sauce: one large bottle, one small bottle: just right
- · 48 cupcakes with “body parts” from the Halloween dept. at Walmart: just right
- · Beans: the one restaurant size can would have been more than enough
- · Chips: one huge bag was enough but we could have used another smaller bag
- · 40 mummy juice boxes: enough
- · Salsa: one large jar was enough: did not need the second jar
- · Carrots: one bag was enough: don’t use the carrot “chips”
- · Rolls: bags to serve 40: enough
- · Idea: use hot dog rolls next year instead of burger rolls
- · DVD: P. Allen Smith Zombie video and two Three Stooges videos from You Tube: perfect thanks to Cody Vance’s help!
- · Decorations: Martha Stout to the rescue: electric tea lights and a cackling witch! The plastic body parts and rats: very classy: plastic table clothes, black plates and napkins.
- · Mrs. Sours: zombie photographer: great help!
- · Zombie book marks and plenty of books as decorations
- · TV decorations: batty bats and lights
Posted by Shenandoah at 5:06 AM
Friday, October 19, 2012
The winners for the Teen Read Week Zombie Luncheon have received their invitations. Note the new date: October 23, 2012. Special thanks to Jonathan Maberry and his Rot and Ruin series for giving us this idea in the first place!!! As you can see, some of the luncheon "specials" were inspired by the series. We are all hooked on the books and can't wait for book four! We are counting the days!
Congratulations! You are a Zombie Luncheon Winner!
October 23, 2012
A and B lunch
Bring your appetite:
Rot and Ruin Worm Sandwiches
Dust and Decay Beans
Entertainment: Freaky Films!
Posted by Shenandoah at 11:33 AM